Support in Your Own Home
Whatever your needs are Westend Healthcare can provide dedicated and professional carers and nurses to support you in your own home. Our aim is for you to remain as independent as possible, and in order to achieve this there is a broad range of support available. This can be as little as some extra company and help with everyday activities such as attending hospital and doctors appointments to more personal support and assistance with getting in and out of bed, washing and dressing. Our fully trained and experienced carers and nurses also provide more specialist assistance for example, following a hospital discharge, post operative care and long-term nursing and palliative care.
The care given is always specific to your needs and we ensure that you are fully involved in any decisions about your care. You have the final say over what should be done, at what time and when.
- Getting up and going to bed
- Bathing and washing
- Medication support
- Night care – sleepover or awake
- Getting up and going to bed – If you find it increasingly difficult to get up or get ready for bed, our staff will come to help with both. They will provide as much assistance as you need so you are ready to start the day, or get a good night’s sleep. They will also make beds and change bed linen so ensuring that your bed is clean and comfortable.
- Bathing and washing – Our carers will provide as much assistance as you need to help you safely bathe and wash as there is nothing like a relaxing bath or shower to help you feel clean and recharged. They will be close by at all times to help you get in and out of the bath, and make sure you are dry and comfortable afterwards, preserving your privacy and dignity at all times.
- Dressing – Our experienced and friendly carers are ready and able to support. They will help with dressing and undressing and will assist with your personal laundry if required.
- Toileting – Our carers will help you with toileting and continence care. This will include help to and from the toilet or commode. The carers will also help with regular visits to change incontinence pads, and with changing, emptying and charging of catheter bags. They will always maintain a high standard of cleanliness with any equipment used.
- Medication support – As medication becomes more complex our care staff can visit your home, at times to suit you, to administer medications or to gently remind and prompt you to take prescribed medication. This may allow you to return home from hospital earlier than would otherwise have been safe.
- Night care – sleepover or awake – We understand that post hospital admission or in a period of ill health you may feel a little vulnerable. Westend Healthcare can supply the staff to assist you through an otherwise difficult period. Care at night can involve the carer or nurse being awake all night and attentive to your needs, (awake night), or a carer can sleep in your home and so give you the reassurance of having someone to call if necessary, (sleepover night).
- Long-term nursing care
- Palliative and respite care
- Help day and night
- Long-term nursing care – This may be the option if you have recently been discharged from hospital following surgery. With our compassionate and caring nurses we can look after you in the comfort of your own home, leaving you free to concentrate on recuperation and enjoying being at home in familiar surroundings. They will make sure that your dignity and self-respect are maintained at all times.
- Palliative and respite care – Help day and night Palliative care is a specialised area of healthcare that focuses on relieving and preventing the suffering of patients. Unlike hospice care, palliative medicine is appropriate for patients in all disease stages, including those undergoing treatment for curable illnesses and those living with chronic diseases, as well as patients who are nearing the end of life. At this difficult and sensitive time we can help make sure our experienced nurses and specially trained carers provide you with high quality, palliative home nursing. Our staff are on hand to make you as comfortable as possible and provide support not only to you but also to family and friends. Your care plans are regularly reviewed and adjusted to ensure that you remain as comfortable as possible throughout. Respite care cover can be provided if your primary carer is having a break from their responsibilities. Relatives and carers can confidently enjoy a short time away knowing that Westend Healthcare staff will provide everyday physical, practical, domestic and emotional support and give you and your family total peace of mind.
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Meal preparation – Your carer from Westend Healthcare can prepare your breakfast, your lunchtime meal, evening meal or supper, and any other snacks and drinks that you may need during the day. The carer will be able to sit with you while you have your meals for conversation or companionship purposes should you so wish. Visits are arranged at times to suit you.
- Cooking – Our carer can help you with meal preparation, or can do the cooking for you, providing tasty and nourishing food. The carer will be able to sit with you while you have your meals for conversation or companionship purposes should you so wish. Visits are arranged at times to suit you.
- Shopping – To help you retain your independence we can provide a nurse or carer who will help prepare shopping lists and take you out on shopping trips or visits to meet friends. Carers visits can be arranged at times to suit you and can be anything from a few hours, to a full day.
- Laundry – When mundane household tasks can appear too much, we can provide you with the experienced support needed to take the worry away. Your carer will be willing to undertake light domestic tasks including managing your personal laundry.
- Light housework – Your carer will be willing to undertake light domestic tasks such as hoovering, dusting, general cleaning and washing up.
- Dog walking – If walking your dog is getting a little too much our pet friendly carers are happy to help. Indeed, they will support you with all your pet’s needs.
- Driving to appointments
- Sitting service
- Social support
- Conversation & Companionship – Our carers are there to offer you emotional, mental, physical and social support. The primary goal for the carer is to prevent isolation and to help you to have a dignified, healthy lifestyle.
- Driving to appointments – To help you retain your independence we can provide a nurse or carer who will accompany you to appointments. Our staff are also happy to take you out on shopping trips, or visits to meet friends. Carers visits can be arranged at times to suit you and can be anything from a few hours, to a full day.
- Reading – To help you keep in touch with events and happenings our carers will come to you in order to read to you the newspapers, keep you up to date with your favourite magazine articles, or stories. Visits can be arranged daily, weekly or on a more ad-hoc basis to suit you.
- Sitting Service – If you feel like a little extra company, a carer can come into your home and sit with you during the day simply to chat, watch television or assist with your daily activities. Visits can be arranged daily, weekly or on a more informal basis to suit you with a member of our staff who you know and like.
- Social Support – Our carers will encourage and assist you to remain in active contact with your friends, relatives and the local community. They will assist with planning for getting together with friends and trips out, and will help you attend meetings and events.
24 Hour Live In Care
All the above services are available with 24 hour live in care.